“It is the policy of Babe Ruth League, Inc. to assure the safety of all participants. Accordingly, Babe Ruth League, Inc. reserves the right to ban any equipment, including bats, at any time, including during the season, based upon a change of existing policy and/or upon new information made available to Babe Ruth League, Inc.”
2022 Updated USA Baseball Bat Guide
For comprehensive USA Bat information updated for 2022 Click Here to view the guide online.
|Babe Ruth League Bat Rules|
|USA Baseball T-Ball Stamp|
|USA Baseball Marking|
2 5/8″ Barrel MaximumNO BBCOR BATS
|Babe Ruth Baseball 13-15|
|USA Baseball Marking or BBCOR .50|
2 5/8” Barrel
|Babe Ruth Baseball 16-18|
|All Bats Must Be|
No Greater Than -3
|Babe Ruth Softball|
|Marked as “Official Softball Bat”|
or “Official Fastpitch Bat”
Note: Solid one piece wood bats are permitted for use in all divisions and must conform to Rule 1.10. No laminated or experimental bats shall be used in a game.
Tampering or altering bats may violate certain federal and state laws and voids the USA Baseball certification, as well as all manufacturer warranties. Rolling is considered tampering and would void the bat’s certification and make it illegal for play.
NON-COMPLIANT BATS FOR – BABE RUTH BASEBALL
UPDATED: 9:00PM CST MARCH 2, 2020
The NCAA recently conducted additional testing of the previously-certified 33 in./30 oz. Louisville Slugger 2020 Meta (-3) BBCOR baseball bat. The conclusion of this additional testing resulted in the NCAA and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) removing this specific model from their approved-for-play bat list. At this time, no other sizes of this bat model, or any previous model years of the bat model, have been decertified.
NON-COMPLIANT BATS FOR – BABE RUTH SOFTBALL:
Contained below is a current listing of non-compliant bats that are not eligible, or approved, for use in any Babe Ruth Softball program or activity.
* Babe Ruth League Softball has been advised that Louisville Slugger is recalling the entire current line of the OneX fastpitch softball bat (all lengths and weights) from the market.
* Easton Ghost (GOLD) is not permitted in any level of Babe Ruth Softball Play.
This does NOT affect the (BLUE) Ghost Blue is permitted.
- If the illegal bat is discovered prior to a batter completing his “at bat” the bat is simply removed from play and the “at bat” continues.
- A player who uses an illegal bat or non-conforming barrel dimension and hits a fair ball will be ruled out. No advancement on the bases will be allowed, and any outs during the play shall stand. This is an appeal play. The “at bat” will be considered legal once a pitch is thrown to the next batter.
- Any bat discovered prior to the game that does not conform to the above rule shall be directed to be removed immediately and not be allowed for use during the game.
If you have any questions on approved or non-compliant bats, do not hesitate to contact Babe Ruth Headquarters.